Many sellers think that agents have a secret listing strategy. However, the truth is, without a seller's help, our strategies go out the window. Here are 6 sure-fire ways to sell a house fast:
- Price it right. Price it competitively.
- Interior and exterior condition is key. Make the repairs that your agent tells you to do; at a minimum, paint the outside trim and pressure wash the outside.
- Stage the house. Make sure it is clutter-free and clean at all times. When you have a showing, leave the lights on.
- Make it easy on the agent. Allow the listing agent to put up a sign, a lockbox and please forget "Appointment Only". If we can't see it, we can't sell it!
- Internet and pictures will sell it. When the listing agent, or his/her photographer, is coming to take pictures, make sure that the house is sparkling. If the pictures are bad, or non-existant, buyers will skip over the house.
- When in doubt, go back to items 1-5. If you are still in doubt, refer to #1.